Translate

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Research

Research report


In this report I will be researching about my documentary. My documentary is about violence in video games and if it affects society or not. I will be looking into games such as grand theft auto and call of duty.

Primary research
For my primary research I went out and gathered information from sources that were interactive, meaning sources I can go out and go to. For this research I went to different sources such as the shop grainger games and game. They were quite a valuable source to go to, gave good information about statistics on different games according to violence.

This however was not enough so I went to places such as the college library where I attempted to collect information from, of course, books. Once again was not enough as it did not have any information on games and violence, I began asking people on the street, asking for their opinions. Because this subject is a very opinion based subject.

Secondary research
The secondary research for this was much simpler. I researched online, on the internet for various sources that gave a variety of evidence, some however might of been wrong as the internet is sometimes unreliable due to there being so many sources. 
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/10/video-games-violent-study-finds
The link above is one of the places I used to get my information.

I decided due to reliability of internet sources I went to many different sites and found out that they are mostly the same answers. They are the cause of violence and they are not.

Overall the research was better off in the secondary end because its more quantitive whereas primary is more qualititive.

No comments:

Post a Comment